Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Weeks 8-9

So much for having time to blog daily, I'm having a difficult time just getting in a blog by the week!  Oh well, such is life!

All is great, we are still plugging along.  This little boy has been doing extremely well this school year.  He has his moments, as every child!  But he is still loving it.

Math is going well, we should be through lesson 70 by the end of the week.  I can't say enough good things about Saxon!  : )

English is going well, I'm hoping to add R & S by January, I think it'll be very beneficial.

I'm still adding Writing with Ease, Level 4 soon.  Just haven't picked it up yet.

He finished "The Hobbit", and wrote the report last week.  He LOVED that book, which I knew would happen.  He also finished "Jackie Robinson", will be writing that report tomorrow.  This week he will be starting, "Oliver Twist".  

He's about done with one workbook for Science.  We're still working on the unit about the human body, and have more projects to do before we move on from that.

Still doing U.S. History, will probably add SOTW2 very soon.  He keeps asking about it.  (YAY!)

Art lessons are going well, he looks forward to them every week.  He's very proud of his work, and gives himself extra projects to work on in between lessons.

We have a recital coming up, so lots of practice this week in music!



Goals:

*Need to start typing program soon
*Have him do more in Nature Journal, alongside "Handbook of Nature Study".  (I would love to carve time out for myself to do this, as well.)

No comments:

Post a Comment