Tuesday, July 22, 2014

G.R.A.C.E. Academy 2014-2015

Quite obviously, I don't have enough time to blog as much as I'd like to.
Last year ended well, he did great in everything!


To kick off this school year, here's a list of what we'll be using.  Hope this is helpful!  These are only the main subjects, I supplement every subject.  It's the overachiever in me.  : )  I've never been one to purchase a box set.  One of the perks of homeschooling is that I can read, review, and research...then I can pick what works best for us.  For that, I am grateful.



Math:
Saxon 6/5 and 7/6
*Can't say enough good things about this curriculum!  If you're looking for a great Math, GET IT!


English:

Rod and Staff 6th
*Two free online Language courses as supplemental work


Writing:
Writing with Ease, finishing 4
Writing with Skill 1


Reading:
Starting The Lord of the Rings, still putting together rest of list.  May focus on biographies this year.


History:
Story of the World
Finishing last half of 2, Starting SOTW 3
Hakim's set of  "A History of Us"


Science:
Physics for Grammer Stage and Chemistry for Grammar Stage
*Using these two for first semester.  If goes well, moving him to Logic set for 2nd semester.  I have HIGH hopes for this curriculum, I hope it goes well.  I'd love to continue using this for many years.
*Always various science workbooks/projects/reading
Story of Science by Hakim
*If this goes well, we will also continue through the series for next few years
Handbook of Nature Study (Will be used for many years, incorporates art and journaling)

Art:
Draw to Learn, daily
Various art projects weaved throughout every subject
*Private art lessons

Music:
Piano lessons

Foreign Language:
Spanish  (Still looking for a good curriculum)

Typing:
Online program (free)



The all-time favorite this year will be a unit study on "Doctor Who".  I'm currently putting it all together.  What better way to learn about science, physics, art, history, and awesomeness?!?!?


Here's to another year of living, loving, and learning together!


No comments:

Post a Comment