Friday, January 31, 2014

This Week in Our Homeschool

Okay, I've apparently lost track of the weeks, but hey......at least I'm blogging!  ; )

All is going very well.  We are itchin' to start going outside more, it has been entirely too cold to do outdoor things.  We miss the zoo!!!  We will probably be going to Discovery Center soon, that will be a nice surprise for him.  If we happen to get a nice day, we're at the zoo....period!

We've completed the free online English program.  I'll be getting R&S in the mail next week, hoping it goes well.  I've got high expectations for it.  We also received Writing With Ease 4, starting that on Monday.  I know he'll love that, as we experimented at the beginning of the year with the book. I just decided to order the workbook instead, which makes it easier on me.  Math is still moving along.  He's doing a great job there.  He hardly needs my help, which kind of makes me sad!!  : (  We are still doing the human body unit, which is very fun.  Not only have we been diving in, I've found some great online resources that are FREE.  So, we could spend the whole year on that.  We'll see.  He is now on the last book of the "Percy Jackson" series.  He has loved them more than I thought he would!  Trying to figure out what books will be next.......the child loves to read.  He's read twenty already for this schoolyear.....which makes it hard for me to find new books that he will like that are not too mature for him.  SOTW is going well, he's very glad we started that again, he always talks about how much he loves history.

Things are moving along well. We will be a little busier come Spring, because this Momma likes to be out and about!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment