Friday, September 13, 2013

Week 4, What??

I can't believe it's week 4 that has been completed today.  Another reminder of how quickly the days slip away.

We have been busy, as usual.  He still says his favorite subjects are history and science.  However, I'm glad he's loving math so much more this year.  Saxon is working SO WELL for us!!  He also loves when we do grammar/writing.  No, the days aren't perfect, but overall the school year is going well, and he is loving his studies.

We FINISHED Story of the World 1, moving on to the level 2 soon!!  So excited, this history curriculum is fantastic.  It is definitely worth every penny!

Through lesson 40 in Math.  He came across the first "new" thing today, square roots.  Caught on quickly, and hasn't had any other problems.

We are using Intermediate Language Lessons, and I love it!  He is through lesson 9.  He enjoys the writing it includes. This is another VERY good curriculum.  I supplement our English with a free online workbook site, you just print the pages...workbook style.  That's the thing I've noticed with our homeschool....I often feel as if we're not doing enough, so I supplement every subject.  And......I usually see that we do too much.  But oh well, we are at a good pace.  We take well-needed breaks, and I'm thinking we'll need a break in the next few weeks.

We are still doing the Human Body unit study, reading and/or activities pertaining to that almost every day.  This morning he watched the Magic School Bus episode about digestion, so he loved that.  I'm wanting to spend several weeks on this before moving on.

I have had The Handbook of Nature Study for a while.  I've been trying to figure out the best way to use it, because of this little science lover we have.  I am hoping to give him his brand new Nature Journal, and just let him dive in next week.  Maybe 2-3 days a week, not sure.

Music is going well, and he has a recital coming up.  Hopefully we'll start intro to piano soon.

For art, he's been going through Draw Write Now at his own pace, but in order.  This is going well, as he loves these little workbooks.  We own several, so hopefully he'll complete these for the next two school years, and I'll add more art as needed/wanted.

Spanish, we're hitting it next week, and immersing ourselves in it.  That's the plan, anyway.......we'll see how it goes.  : )


I had to tweak a few things after starting this year, but I'm pleased with all subjects.  I still have to remind myself to SLOW DOWN.  He's super bright, but I want him to continue to ENJOY homeschooling, and not just see it as work.  Also....the biggest thing I hope to instill in him is to enjoy LIFE.  So far, he loves it.  I hope to keep lighting that fire in him, and never squelch his passion.

For now, it's the WEEKEND.  : )
(Which means I'll start putting things together for the next homeschool week!)


No comments:

Post a Comment