Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Weeks 5-6, & Birthday Planning!

Life is just so busy lately.  A good kind of busy, though.  I'm grateful for that.

This will be quick, as I'm spending the rest of the week planning our little Babylove's NINTH birthday party!!!!!!  AAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!  How in the world??  Time, I'll never understand you!

I'm very glad that we've managed to get some good field trips in this early in the year.  We've gone to the zoo and the Discovery Center.  We also went to a local farm that had a corn maize, pumpkin patch, and all that jazz.  Good times!  I'm currently planning more trips for the next month or so, hoping they work out.

Homeschooling is still going well, as long as I keep things organized!  That is such a challenge, and often I wish I had a secretary.  It's not because it's hard, it's because as a Homeschooling Momma, it's another huge task to head up.  I love it!  For whatever reason, this year has been the "girl, you better stay organized" year.
We will be through lesson 60(ish) by Friday in math.  He is soaring, and have I mentioned how amazing Saxon is??!?!  It is great, and he is loving math.

By Friday, we'll also have completed about lesson 21 in Intermediate Language Lessons.  That is also going well, as this boy loves writing.

We are still plugging along in our Human Body unit study, and going to Discovery Center was great for that.  There were plenty of exhibits on the body, and he had fun.

He has already written the book report on "Helen Keller; The Story of My Life".  That was part of our history this week.  We are focusing on U.S. History for the next several weeks.  He is begging to start SOTW 2, so I'm sure we'll throw that in soon.  I love that he loves history.

He is still doing a lot of drawing in his Draw Write Now notebook.  I need to make sure and add those daily, along with the other art books we have.   We need to enjoy his nature notebook, as well.

I'm super busy the rest of the week, planning this sweet boy's Dinosaur birthday party.  However, I'm proud that I've already gotten decorations, goody bags, and ordered his cake!! Yay!  At least some of it is done!

Now to drink some coffee.......


No comments:

Post a Comment