Sunday, September 8, 2013

Week Three, Planning Ahead

Monday was a holiday, so no school.

This week, I'm pretty sick.  I have zero energy, but am glad I'm a planner!  For a homeschooling family, there's NO time for Momma to be sick.  School must go on!  I'm glad this little boy can work well independently, because he's managed to get his work done mostly alone, while I've been nursing myself back to health.

By Friday, we will have gone through lesson about lesson 34 in math.

We are almost done with SOTW, hope to be through 35 at the end of this week, and finishing up by next Friday.  (If this happens, it may just be something we hit "on time", according to my hopeful and ambitious schedule!)  If not, it's no  big deal.

I gave Easy Grammar a try, not digging it.  It's just dry worksheets, many of which I'd printed myself for him for last school year.  We're sticking with one I found last year, which was free.  (Score!!)  It will end up being supplemental work. I'm planning on implementing the new English next week.  On the fence about which one, but I have a good idea.

We did several more lessons in U.S. History, and he's inching up on halfway through his first Science workbook for the year.  I always supplement Science heavily, as it's one of his favorite subjects.  The same with history.

He's halfway through "The Horse and His Boy", and hopefully will have written the book report by Friday.


New books should be in next week...I'm very excited about the science we're adding! I'm REALLY hoping it turns out to be as great as it looks.  Finally, we'll be getting the workbook for Writing with Ease.  Can't wait for that one.

I'm also getting rid of many books we've accumulated.  Either they didn't work, we just didn't do them, won't use again for next child, or they were forgotten.  When one makes bookshelf space, one can GET NEW BOOKS!!!  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment