Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Day 3, The Tired Bean!

Today has been starting off well, he's still having a good time.  Although, I can tell he is tired!!

We started off with our Draw to Learn book again, we did two lessons.  After that, straight into Saxon.  I'm having him read and work problems mentally each day this week, evaluating where he is.  It is all pretty much review.  We are on day three of the school year, and he's about to pass through lesson twelve with no problem.  After that, he's doing a few worksheets I printed.  Multiplication drill, three digit add/subtraction, writing out four digit numbers, and comparing large numbers.

Next, we will have a snack and get to Grammar.

He worked on memorizing prepositions for Easy Grammer, then did the first two lessons out of Intermediate Language Lessons.  After that, we took another break.  Then did the next U.S. History lesson.  He finished his activities, and then we had lunch, and onto reading time. (Quiet time, Mommy time!!)

After lunch and reading, he was given his second spelling test.  Next, he started on the next spelling list.
After spelling, he went over SOTW History cards, read the chapter again, and we did the activities.  Instead of coloring the picture of the Parthenon, he was assigned to draw it.

We read aloud Writing with Ease activity, and he answered questions aloud.  We finished with a science lesson.  To wrap up the day, he played with his Bionicles while I read CHOW aloud.


**I've added plenty of "classically bent" curricula this year, and it's working VERY well.  It is a lot more work for me, and I've decided to read aloud to him in many subjects, to take part more.  I wish I would've done this earlier!!

No comments:

Post a Comment