Friday, August 23, 2013

Day 5, and Some Goals.

This morning has been going well.  He is still blowing through (verbally) lessons in Saxon.  It's all review.  I'm super proud of this!!  I had to piece together his math curriculum for last year, because I was not satisfied with the program we were using.  So I was constantly checking the scope/sequence for his grade, and he drilled plenty throughout the year.  I'm very pleased with that.  He's through lesson 16 in Saxon as of today.

I then read aloud to him from "Writing with Ease", and he answered questions verbally.  Did a great job.
We moved on to memorizing the prepositions from Easy Grammar, he has half of the list done.  After that, he completed the next lesson in Intermediate Language Lessons.

Next we did the U.S. History story, lesson, and activity.
We took a short break, and then did the activities for SOTW, chapter 25.
After that was lunchtime, followed by finishing his book.

After reading time, he had a quick snack, and then took his next spelling test.

He's finishing his last two science lessons now, and then we will start our PIRATES! unit study.  He'll be very happy with that, for sure!


**********************************************************


I wanted to use this post as a place for me to come back to for my own personal goals for our Homeschool this year.

*Add plenty of art  (possibly art lessons from an outside source?)
*SLOW DOWN, for my sake.  Learn to take it easy more often (me, not him)
*Find time (somehow???) to read the books on my personal booklist (this may or may not be possible)
*More play time....(legos, bionicles, outside, etc.)
*Read aloud more (I've done well on that this first week, with adding all the classical curriculum I've been wanting to add all these years.  He has mentioned how much he likes this school year, and particularly my reading aloud in many subjects........sore throat, here I come!)
*Blog our school year (One week down, a million to go!)
*Begin our nature notebook, to be used for many years
*Incorporate more Spanish
*Do a better job scheduling
*More field trips, one of the upsides to homeschooling!
*Savor the days.......they go by much too quickly

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great year is shaping up, I enjoyed reading through your first few days!

    *Savor the days.......they go by much too quickly <--- true that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, girl! I have to remind myself of this daily....I need to paste it to our walls!!!

    ReplyDelete